Search This Blog

Thursday, March 25, 2010

My favorite thing

My favorite thing about my bedroom is the headboard.

(please ignore the pillows, I'm working on it)

Besides being super cute, what makes it better is that I paid $5 for it at some random side of the road junk shop in the middle of no where. I wasn't exactly looking for it, but I was drawn to a pile of old doors and there behind a couple of beat up/ plain jane others, was this beauty. I have done nothing to it but add some hooks to the back to hang directly on the wall. It was this color, had this weathering and was even a smaller size than most doors. Its like it was made just for the purpose of being the headboard for my double bed!

I'm not even sure how I got it in my car, but I knew when I saw it (and the price tag) I had to have it! Clearly this door was meant for me and while other pieces may come and go, this one will stay with me forever!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. I love it! And the frame above. And the canvas on the side wall. And the hanging globe light thingy! All very cute!!! Found you from SNS at FJI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great old door and works perfectly as your headboard. Way to go!
    Midge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Love this! I would love for you to come link up over at my blog! I've got prizes :)
    -Jill
    http://womenwhodoitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow~ love your headboard!! Your blog is so cute!! Can't wait for more posts....I'm your newest follower :)
    Feel free to come on over and visit :)...

    myhouseofgiggles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice. What a great idea you had for that door, clever girl! I've been thinking about what type of head board I want for my bed and this is it. Do you think I could get so lucky??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh, this looks fabulous. We have a twin bed that needs a headboard- I wonder if it'd still look good if the door was vertical?
    We have a friday fun finds party- we'd love it if you'd link up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. absolutely delightful! My college daughter did this same thing with a chippy white door in her apartment. I hopped over from KoJo Designs. Please accept my invitation to drop in at my place one day soon when you get a moment. until later...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! The color is great, the weathering is awesome...what a great find!

    I would love for you to check out my site for a fun spring block give away!

    alittleknickknack.blogspot.com
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! What did you think?

Remember, if asking a question to click on "subscribe by email" Thanks!